Costa Rica 2010-2011, Centro Americano. Adventures and travels of Greg L. Miller and Kelly Carter-Miller. We are posting the second part of the story. Once a week there will be new posts for anyone who might be interested. PURA VIDA. Thanks and enjoy!

Carribean is Rougher

There was a big fire in the main city which took out telecommunications outside of internet. All banks and the only ATM are down, its been a hard five days without money. Plastic cards me nothing until the phone lines are fixed and wiring money is not possible. We are down to our last two dollars and I ran out of medications earlier. On the other hand I will be posting up pictures in a few days of our amazing place and the Caribbean jungle and beach. We have been eating very good once a day so we are not starving because are landlords are kind and let us have a tab.  Their restaurant ranks in the top 5, called Jungle Love, so its all good.  If it wasn't for their kindness we would have had a bummer time. We are down to our last two weeks and found ourselves missing Tamarindo which did not have issues like this. I will be focusing on my holy pilgrimage as soon as I get back to the States. I will be going to Israel in September. I was happy yesterday and today and I look forward to this drama ending tomorrow. I spend my time at the corral reefs and looking for critters in the jungle. Animals and insects are the size of your hands. We have giant pet grasshoppers and lizards. 

Thursday, August 5. The ATM is working and life has settled down. I was able to see a doctor and our fridge is stocked. We will be seeing jaguars tomorrow. It was a rough week but I'm thinking our last two weeks will be smooth sailing. Going to say hi to the beach and its fishes in a few minutes. I have full flexibility and can spar again. I ended up playing with Yamu who was in the Special Forces. He could kick my butt any day but I was surprised to find that I can still hold my ground. After 10 minutes of hand to hand combat I was not tired and my body and spirit were singing for more. Kelly and Poppy had to tell us to stop. He helped remind me that in the real world you can't be all flashy but when it comes to fighting you must always go for the kill shot. If you don't then your opponent will. I don't think the pain will ever go away but I'm adapting and learning to change the weakness into a strength, Welcome to the jungle, it will make you scream (Guns and Roses).

No comments:

Post a Comment