Costa Rica 2010-2011, Centro Americano. Adventures and travels of Greg L. Miller and Kelly Carter-Miller. We are posting the second part of the story. Once a week there will be new posts for anyone who might be interested. PURA VIDA. Thanks and enjoy!

Aware

This is what it means to be a foreign immigrant and to travel. I exist in two worlds, where time means nothing but remains fast. People and places blur. I am American but I am part of everyone. I blur. 
An expat gazes into the horizon. The rain forest is my home, so is the deep woods of Michigan. The Pacific is out front, pine trees and Lake Superior are in the back yard.
Two singularities break down, cognitive and empirical building blocks are reevaluated. A rising phoenix looks to the sky. Sunset bedazzles in blue, pink and orange hues. The fiery ball settles into the ocean. The giant bird takes flight. 
I blur into the crowd, becoming one with the masses. I am a chameleon, forever drifting in the shadows. I am partial clay, meant to be molded and admired. Never to be central stage. All want to be my friend, foe and ally. They all become one. I am a separate island, my shores and beach are defined by circumstances and God.
Light cascades within my depths as darkness recedes. Crimson shades intertwine and create new threads. New thoughts. I am a new person. My awareness is elevated. 
The journey into nothingness has ended and a new experience awaits. I am Greg L. Miller and I am somebody. I am both dark and light, my story has only began.

No comments:

Post a Comment