Costa Rica 2010-2011, Centro Americano. Adventures and travels of Greg L. Miller and Kelly Carter-Miller. We are posting the second part of the story. Once a week there will be new posts for anyone who might be interested. PURA VIDA. Thanks and enjoy!

Day of the Pet Pig

Walking down our street.












My neighbors pet pig. I think its name is Pug.












Joseph, or maybe something like HurHay (not even close), its complicated. Tico's have many names and many occupations. He is a cool neighbor in a very tranquil street. Its his families pet pig.









Keeping it real with culture. I don't know what it means but I like this statue and the pet pig.















 Horseback riders on my street. You have to be careful to not walk in lizard and horse shit. And don't forget dog shit, besides the shit I very much like the street.









A mysterious paved path that turns into many dirt paths. There are many ways to town and to the beach.










These trails are in between many hotels, hostels, casa's and the such.















More trails.
















Third world is full of luxury hotels and poor homes. Many people live good and others not so good. Half a block is very nice and the other very untidy.










I walk the beach during low tide. Pondering where my novel 2014 is going. The characters have taken a life of their own. I often dream about them in my sleep and I see future chapters play out. Its so cool. I love my over active imagination! Look where it gets me! I have lived in Costa Rica for 6 months. Even though I love the people and the land, I must soon wander to Portugal. I have wander lust and the world is a small place.




I will never forget the wonderful black and white sand of Tamarindo! I will come back in three years. Next summer I might go to Panama for a month.














These waves are bigger then they look. I often watch them while thinking of Tsunami for 2014.











Kelly wants a Falafel. Its a Muslim cuisine. It leaves a taste reminding me of spicy sweet mustard.











Tasty.






But its a required taste.









This is worth enlarging.












Another night we eat dinner at Voodoo. This nachos cost me a lot. $16. Many expats are saying the inflation in the last year is 23%. That's right. This is the reason we ran out of money and had a hard time. I was not expecting an increase in Central America of over 20% in less then a year. What's going on?







Let's go to another restaurant. This is Kahiki's, we came for brunch. It was wonderful. I'm a Senior Contributor for TripAdvisor, I really enjoy critiquing restaurants in foreign countries. You can check out my reviews on TripAdvisor. They range a few countries.







The dining room.












Our Costa Rica cuisine.





























Local artwork.









































No comments:

Post a Comment