Costa Rica 2010-2011, Centro Americano. Adventures and travels of Greg L. Miller and Kelly Carter-Miller. We are posting the second part of the story. Once a week there will be new posts for anyone who might be interested. PURA VIDA. Thanks and enjoy!

Back To Gardenia Hotel & Retreat

Last month was slow, my wife and I completed our graduate summer course for NMU.  She is busy illustrating and I did a little writing.  My best wishes go out to our ex landlords, MAY GOD WALK WITH YOU AND I HOPE YOU BOTH EXPERIENCE A LOT OF LIGHT AND POSITIVE STUFF. They have been having a rough month; driving into a ocean and losing their jeep while escaping through the windows, immigration issues, computer failures and much more... I hope Casa Boaz receives better fortune in the future!  As for us, its all about new vibrations and experiences. 






We felt like these frogs, they were stuck in the pool.  My wife rescued them our last day.







Kelly scooped them up with a bamboo stick.  One by one they gratefully jumped on the bamboo... Live and let live. Be free.

Its Gardenia Hotel and Retreat.  This rental cost half of the last one, and it has all the added security which makes me feel comfortable. The pool is cool at Gardenia.  It has NASA Technology.  Ionization keeps the water flowing and clean.
Our cabana, or unit.  Same one we had last year. Last month I spent our luxury funds for the month, to recoup costs we will stay here for the remaining two months. Two months here equate to one month at the other place.  Weird.

My wife and our old banana tree.  Note the barb wire in the back ground. Added security such as this is needed.
Nice looking flowers.  Sometimes we all need to stop and smell the flowers.

Look, a real safe!  Now we can go out at night without worry and fear. I'm so happy.  And our own room!  I feel, sorta mature...
Kelly is happy.  We put two beds on top of each other to meet my spine issue.  All is good.  I slept well for two days.  The first time I slept more then 4 hours in over a month.








Its time to go to town and get some grub.  Look!  Its a heavy duty lock at the front gate, I am so happy!










Even though wild dogs can be anywhere, there are no dogs to scare me on this street. Last month I swung at a wild dog that made a move towards my wife.  This street does not have all the mud or all the dogs like last month.  There is much light and little jungle foliage.

Walking downtown.  There are only 500 people in Tamarindo.  Most shops are owned by Americans from California who either sell services such as surfing and tourism.  The other half of the business are bars, restaurants, craft shops, hotels and hostels.






 Taxi Center.  "Taxi, Taxi!" Only pay 2000 colognes or 4 dollars for any taxi.  Otherwise you just got ripped off!
The bank and two ATM's.  Everything downtown is open until well pass midnight.  Rules of the Jungle apply here.  We are not in Kansas anymore...

My darling Kelly looking at some new threads.  She will be doing Yoga and Pottery later this month.







Ironically the Pacific Ocean is to the left, this is what the street looks like.
 Monkey market or something...
 They have Subway!  And juice bars... yummy.
Pizza Hut.  Damn place has eggs which makes it off limit to me.  I need a miracle pill which would allow me to eat eggs.


Finally, after a half a mile grueling walk in the heat and down treacherous third world roads, its the Monkey Bar!







And too many stairs!!!  Must walk around...oh, I want my "ALL YOU CAN EAT WINGS"
 Back around.

This is also the Best Western at Tamarindo.


The ocean view.

It has a pool and a bar!






We order and eat much.  The long famine has come to an end!  Later in the day we eat again...





Time to trek home, I forget to take pictures of the food.  I was hungry.








Back to Gardenia, time to get ready to party!  What is that?






 Its a lizard in our room!  All is good, we like lizards.
The path is well lit at ten pm.  So cool.  I feel good to go out at night again!
To a new bar called Aqua.

 




Many dudes unlike last year.  Many locals, it was a fun night.
Kelly Carter-Miller.  My wife.  She looks good in the neck thingy.  We spent 8 US dollars and had all the alcohol we could drink for two hours.
More girls and people.  Not reggae, more like alternative.  I look forward to reggae nights.










We end the night with wonderful subs from Addy's!  It was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment