Costa Rica 2010-2011, Centro Americano. Adventures and travels of Greg L. Miller and Kelly Carter-Miller. We are posting the second part of the story. Once a week there will be new posts for anyone who might be interested. PURA VIDA. Thanks and enjoy!

Booze Cruise with Snorkeling: Happy 4th of July!!!

Since arriving at Gardenia I have had 5 out of 6 great days.  Kelly and I have been relaxing and we are both happy.  My wife has been working on some new illustration ideas and I wrote 46 pages.  Our Fourth of July ended blurring into a few days, time has no meaning in the jungle.  Life is about cycles, within these cycles is a cause and affect paradigm.  As people we create illusions, at times these illusions become our reality.  In the wilds I experience nature and wild animals, I'm left awed and humbled.  My mind sometimes thinks of the concept of Man as being an illusion.  Here in the jungle I see both man and woman appearing to be primitive and civilized at the same time.  This is relative for its all an illusion. Illusions and reality can indeed become the same, just as a person can do or be whatever they want.  We all start as an illusion, we then grow into the shoes we want as a child... When I was a child I dreamed of far off lands and true love... I have both.

Kelly plays tag with a big spider before we go sailing.
Typical spider, we had tarantulas at our last place.  They covered the front gate late at night. This is nothing.  Once in New Zealand Kelly and Cecelia caught a spider double this size!  It hissed in a cup and stood on four legs.
  




We wait for the sail boat, we ate nachos for lunch.
 Marlin Del Ray.  The booze cruise catamaran.
The guide carries booze to the waiting vessel which will take us to the large sail boat known as a catamaran.  It wasn't easy getting on the small boat.





It takes about half an hour to get on the main sailing boat.

 Nice size sail.  I'm reminded of my parents sail boat on Lake Superior which is a lot simpler.  I didn't take long to adjust to the waves.
Kelly liked the color contrast.
 






For those who want to deep sea fish. We are currently on a snorkeling adventure.
                                                         






All the comforts of home.
My wife had eight drinks.  She had pina coladas,rum and cokes, and straight rum shots.  We also had BBQ chicken and much chips, all we could eat, or so it seemed.
More guests arrive by the small boat.  It took them three runs to get us all on board.
 Costa Rica flag.




As much booze as you can drink for five hours!  There was more alcohol on other shelves and in ice chests.
 




A group of dudes.  Exciting.  Maybe to others.
That's better.  My beautiful wife watches Tamarindo fade into the distance.
I'm so into this day.  I drank pineapple daiquiris, kiwi daiquiris and straw berry daiquiris.  I followed this up with beer and straight rum shots.  I bypassed on the food, to much waves.  We listed to reggae, gangster rap and alternative I think...who knows, its hard to remember after a few drinks.
 




My wife with a rum and coke.  She is pondering something... Maybe its Jaws.






She saw Damsel Fishies, Disco Fish (name is made up), Rainbow fish, big fish, random neon fish, tiny fish!
 


These days make me so happy. I soon follow her into the water, I'm so drunk!  The coolest critter was LEATHER BACK TURTELS.  Two of them!  Or maybe they were other human size turtles, but they were very big!  I never know what to expect in the jungle.
We go home after many hours, there is a scorpion on a wall.












Square full of Tico fast food.
 




Most excellent chef and subs!

No comments:

Post a Comment